This bundle includes:
- Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance Book
- Road Bike Setup and Maintenance DVD
Zinn and the Art of Road Bike Maintenance
You only need one look inside to see why Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance has become one of the world’s best-selling books on bike repair. This smartly organized and clearly illustrated guide to road bike repair and maintenance—now in 2 colors for easier reference—can make a mechanic out of anyone. Lennard Zinn’s expert advice makes quick work of taking care of every part of a road bike.
Zinn can teach anyone how to completely and properly maintain all aspects of a bicycle to ensure years of trouble-free riding. Newcomers and experienced mechanics alike will benefit from the hundreds of illustrations, the exploded views of how components go together, and Zinn’s practical, time-saving tips. The level of detail is astonishing, but Zinn’s friendly advice is confidence-inspiring, and his years of experience make tackling even the most daunting task fun and easy.
All the latest high-tech equipment is covered in this new edition, but Zinn does not neglect older bike technology. Indeed, no matter what road bike you may have in your garage, chances are you’ll find it—and the way to fix it—in these pages.
This new edition includes:
- The basics: Even if your mechanical skills stop at pumping tires, Lennard’s guidance will show you how to maintain your bike in perfect condition.
- The advanced: No matter how arcane the task, Lennard has time-saving tips to speed your work. Integrated spindle cranks, carbon forks, internal headsets, ceramic bearings — they’re all in here with exploded diagrams to show you the way.
- The latest tech: Lennard makes sense out of the newest components including: Campagnolo’s 11-speed, Shimano’s electronic Dura-Ace, SRAM’s Red shifters, Campagnolo’s Ultra-Torque cranks, and more.
- Older components: Still spinning a SunTour freewheel? Let Lennard’s years of experience help you make sense of old metal.
- Cyclocross: New cyclocross-specific information throughout, along with more Pro Tips, more illustrations, more recommendations — more of what you need to know.
Paperback. 2-color charts, tables throughout. Black and white illustrations throughout.
Maintenance and Repair
1 - Tools
2 - Basic Stuff
3 - Emergency Repairs
4 - The Chain
5 - The Shifting System
6 - Wheels and Tires
7 - Brakes
8 - Cranks and Bottom Brackets
9 - Pedals
10 - Saddles and Seatposts
11 - Stems, Handlebars, and Headsets
12 - Wheel Building
13 - Forks
14 - Frames
A - Troubleshooting Index
B - Gear Chart
C - Road Bike Fitting
D - Glossary
E - Torque Table
About the Author
Road Bike Setup and Maintenance DVD
Professionally filmed in the Drivenandridden studio, 'round-the-world' cyclist Darryl Kelbrick teaches you exactly how to get the most from your Road Bike - with clear, close-up shots, tips and advice that enable you to do a professional job - even if you have no experience.
This comprehensive DVD takes you through the following:
1. ROAD BIKE FITTING
* Making sure you have the correct crank length
* Measuring your inseam and shoulders properly
* Saddle position (height / fore and aft / angle)
* Handlebar position (width / height / rotation)
* Cleat adjustment
* How the above adjustments relate to comfort and performance
2. GEAR SET UP AND MAINTENANCE
* All set up techniques apply to Shimano and Campagnolo Derailleur systems
* Setting up your front derailleur (including alignment and limit screws)
* Setting up your rear derailleur (including limit screws and cable adjustment)
* Replacement of both front and rear derailleur cables (including removal, cutting to size, and refitting)
* Maintaining and lubricating existing cables thoroughly
* Hints and tips to help prolong the life of your gears
3. HEADSET SET UP AND MAINTENANCE
* Explanation of headset terminology and how headsets differ
* How to check for correct adjustment
* How to adjust your headset properly
* Removal and assembly of headset and forks
* Cleaning, re-greasing, and checking for wear
* Covers both threadless and threaded headsets as well as cartridge and loose bearing styles
4. BRAKE SET UP AND MAINTENANCE
* Removing the old cables
* Cutting cables and housings to the correct size
* Fitting the new cables and housings
* Cable adjustment and set-up
* Cleaning and lubrication of existing cables to prolong their life
* Brake pad replacement and set-up
5. PUNCTURE REPAIR AND WHEEL TRUING
* Wheel, tyre and tube removal
* Different puncture types and how to repair them
* How to prepare the area so the patch sticks properly
* How to refit the tube to avoid pinching and sticking
* Inspecting the rim and fitting new rim tape
* How to eliminate high and low spots on the tyre
* Truing your rim without using a truing stand
6. HANDLEBAR TAPE FITTING
* Adhesive and non-adhesive tape
* Removing the old tape
* Inspecting the bars to make sure they are safe
* Securing the cables
* Preparing the bars and tape
* Fitting the tape to get a long-lasting professional finish - yes, even around the levers!
7. CLEANING, LUBING AND INSPECTING
* Equipment needed
* Wetting, washing and cleaning
EVERYTHING YOU WILL EVER NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR ROAD BIKE!